After successful completion the student will receive a SABA completion Certificate.
The marketing world is full of buzzwords and lingo. We will use these buzzwords as we go, but do look past the words to the concepts themselves. Booksellers are lucky. Books are not just products. Books are social glue. Reading is a way to connect with other people on a pretty personal and meaningful level, because they connect to how you feel and what you think.
The best piece of marketing is an intervention that delights your customers, but also meets strategic objectives
In this course participants will learn to:
- An understanding of marketing jargon and principles that are applicable to bookshop marketing.
- An understanding of bookstore specific dynamics
- Understanding all aspects of a strong marketing camapign
- The skill and confidence to create a marketing campaign
- Basic Principles
- Below the Line, Above the Line and Through the Line
- The Sensory Experience
- Customers & Community
- How to Approach a Marketing Campaign
- The Marketing Mix
- Buying Theory
- Digital Marketing
- Final Assignment
Your Lecturer for this online course: Bookshop Marketing
Batya Bricker has been in the booktrade for close on 20 years. She worked for Exclusive Books for 13 years, in the role of strategic marketing manager for the group, as it grew from 9 stores to over 50. She is now an independent book consultant and publisher, book festival co-ordinator and manager of all manner of word-related projects.
Still have a question?
Feel free to browse our FAQ section by clicking the button below.