WLP – Business & Information Technology
Business And Information Technology Is Credit Bearing Towards The MDP (Management Development Programme) & BML (Bachelors In Management And Leadership)
Computers and information systems are essential parts of every business today. Like accounting, every formal business needs to invest in technology to compete. Unfortunately technology is a cost of doing business, but it is also an opportunity to do more and better business.
Most people will recognize the necessity of having a computer, an email address, and a web site, but still look at the upfront cost more than other issues.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate the purpose, impact and efficiency of IT for business growth.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing IT and communications risks.
- Review the risk management procedures relating to the use of technology including:Legal Requirements and Policies and Procedures with understanding the role of technology in business.
- Understanding the impact of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) law and the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) bill on the use of IT.
- Evaluate and calculate the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in owning and using technology and outsourcing to vendors.
- Understand the impact and cost of Cloud Computing and evaluating future trends in IT.
- The role of technology in business decisions and the use of Microsoft applications in business
- IT in business processes and Protection of Personal Information (ICT Law and POPI Bill)
- Changes in technology and the impact thereof on a business
- The impact of technology on business growth with regards to:
- Purpose, Impact, Efficiency, Investment
- The management of IT risks on the basis of the:Identification, assessment and mitigation of risks
- Development of response plans
- Revision of risk management procedures
- Legal requirements
- Policies and Procedures
- Reduction of IT risks
- Defining Cloud Computing and Technology and TCO and Next Generation IT trends
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: WLP – Business & Information Technology
Tuit | Time to Learn
Still have a question?
Questions about our Skills Programmes answered:
Feel free to browse our FAQ section by clicking the button below.