Strategic & Change Management
After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
The aim of Strategic & Change Management is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to successfully plan, implement and manage their own strategies. It is important for every employee in an organisation to understand why strategic management is seen as a vital element to an organisation’s success.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Understand why strategic management is seen as an important element of an organisation’s success.
- Get an overall view of the process of strategic management.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the concepts strategic vision and mission.
- Identify the elements that are important to include in an environmental analysis.
- Understand the impact of the external environment on strategic decisions.
- Understand the importance of effective internal analysis of the environment for strategic decision-making.
- Distinguish between the various levels of strategy formulation.
- Formulate strategic goals for an organisation.
- Have a good understanding of the relationship between strategy and competitive advantage.
- Formulate competitive strategies for an organisation.
- Formulate grand strategies for an organisation.
- Understand the meaning and role of the balanced scorecard in strategy formulation.
- Understand and apply strategy maps to an organisation.
- Understand the framework for strategy implementation.
- Strategic control as a component of the strategic management process.
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Strategic Vision and Mission
- Exploring the Environment (External Environment)
- Analysis of the Internal Environment
- Strategic Goals and Introduction To Strategy Formulation
- Competitive and Grand Strategies
- Strategy Maps
- Implementing Strategy
- Organisational Context as an Element of Strategy Implementation
- Strategic Control
- Management of Change
- Case Studies
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Strategic & Change Management
Hestelle van Heyningen
Ms Hestelle van Heyningen’s is a HR specialist with over 16 years’ experience and an experienced and talented technical leader. She has 3 years full time employment at provincial government institutions in South Africa and 7 years part time and 13 years, full-time independent consulting for private and public sector. She specialises in Human Resources development, leadership and performance motivation, emotional intelligence, skills auditing, training needs analysis, training plan development, competency framework design, service learning and various human resource strategy designs. She is a hands-on – project manager who aims at developing the potential of project teams and ensure sustainability and her passion for reform and sustainable development is carried over to her project teams.
Still have a question?
Feel free to browse our FAQ section by clicking the button below