Institutional Memory & Knowledge Management
After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
By the end of this programme participants will be able to use knowledge gained to:
- Be able to implement methods/techniques for the uncovering, preservation, retaining and sharing of knowledge in organisations.
- Design a plan for the successful implementation of a community of practice in an organisation.
- Successfully manage the loss of knowledge in an organisation undergoing radical change.
- Write a plan for the successful implementation of Institutional Memory (tacit knowledge) management.
In this programme participants will learn to:
Regarding knowledge and knowledge management the participants will be able to understand and explain:
- The clear distinction between explicit knowledge and tacit knowledge.
- The strategic importance of tacit knowledge for organisations and why knowledge management has become an intrinsic part of good corporate business strategy.
- The importance of knowledge management for as well as reasons for success or failure
Regarding institutional memory the participants will be able to understand and explain:
- What institutional memory is and the importance of it for organisations.
- The causes of losing institutional memory and what the loss of it means for the organisation.
Regarding the uncovering, preservation, retaining and sharing of knowledge the participants will be able to understand and explain:
- Understand the difference between the uncovering of explicit knowledge and tacit knowledge.
- Implement specific methods / techniques to uncover, preserve, retain and share knowledge and institutional memory.
- How it is possible for organisations to successfully manage the loss of knowledge in an organisation undergoing radical change.
- Use the knowledge gained from the case studies of the Eureka project of Xerox and/or the CALL project of the US Army to write a blueprint for the reusing of knowledge in an organisation.
- Institutional Memory
- Knowledge Management
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Institutional Memory & Knowledge Management
Still have a question?
Feel free to browse our FAQ section by clicking the button below