After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
Leadership Development aims to equip the participant to be able to function effectively as a leader within the work place. The course focuses on the development of knowledge and skills regarding the context within which the leader needs to lead, the role and behaviour of an effective leader, personal development of the leader, as well as leading a team to high performance. This course also includes the management of diversity in the workplace by introducing a systems approach to the practical management of diversity at team and individual levels.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Distinguish between the characteristics of the traditional and 21st century organisation and to analyse their organisation’s context and characteristics accordingly.
- Understand the role, behavioural practices and skills of a leader within the 21st century and analyse their own leadership strengths and weaknesses by means of follower feedback.
- To develop and manage self-knowledge in the context of work.
- Understand personality types and the advantages and disadvantages of these types as applied in the leadership sphere.
- Understand a model of interpersonal communication, and apply interpersonal communication skills.
- Understand the role and management of emotions and emotional intelligence in the work place and how these relate to effective leadership.
- Manage conflict as a problem-solving approach effectively.
- Apply specific techniques in accomplishing creative problem-solving.
- Diagnose obstacles in team functioning and understand how to develop groups into high performing teams.
- Explain and define diversity.
- Explain the importance of the management of diversity in the 21st century.
- Describe the principles underlying the management of diversity.
- Distinguish between the management of diversity at strategic-, managerial systems and policies, and operational levels.
- Manage diversity at the operational level through the understanding of the influence of dysfunctional thinking patterns and perceptions at the individual level.
- To apply processes and skills to manage dysfunctional thinking patterns in individuals.
- Personality Preferences and Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- Intra- and Interpersonal Communication Skills and Strategies
- Thought Self-Leadership: Managing Perceptions of Otherness
- Organisational Paradigms
- Leadership Paradigms and the Roles, Tasks and Skills of the Leader within the Context of a 21st-Century Organisation
- The Role of the Leader in the Management of Diversity within the Context of a 21st-Century Organisation
- Empowering the Team
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Leadership Development
Still have a question?
Feel free to browse our FAQ section by clicking the button below