Bookshop Customer Service
After successful completion the student will receive a SABA completion Certificate.
This bookshop customer service course is aimed at new booksellers. It covers understanding what customer service is and why it is important. It discusses what customers expect and what experience we should be giving them. It covers the selling process of bookselling and how it differs from the traditional sales process. It goes into depth in how to turn difficult customers into complimenting customers.
In this course participants will learn to:
- What is customer service
- What is customer expectation and what experience should they be getting
- What the traditional sales process is vs. bookselling
- What is the bookselling sales process
- How to convert difficult customers into complimenting customers
- Module: What is Customer Service?
- Module: The Customer’s Experience
- Module: The Selling Process
- Module: The Book Selling Process
- Module: Making a Customer’s Experience GREAT
Your Lecturer for this online course: Bookshop Customer Service
Jen started as a casual bookseller working evenings and weekends at the Exclusive books in Sandton when it was still called The Bookworm whilst studying towards her BSc in Botany. After graduating she completed 3 years of Architecture but soon realized that her heart was in the bookshop. She worked at the Sandton branch first as a full time bookseller, then as the Children’s bookseller and finally as the Deputy Store Manager. She then left Exclusive Books to work as a sales rep for Random House and soon after became the Product Manager for Random House. She has also worked for a training company where her love of teaching was ignited and has thus returned to Exclusive Books combining her love of bookselling and teaching by taking up the position of Training Co-coordinator for Exclusive Books.
Still have a question?
Feel free to browse our FAQ section by clicking the button below.